Friday, September 16, 2011

The Joys of Growing with Our Team

Remember the saying "There's no 'I' in team"? Well, that's true and I've seen proof of that all my life. I've been working from home for almost 2 and a half years now and if there's one thing I learned, it's this -- working without a team can get lonely sometimes.


Whatever your chosen field is, as long as you're pursuing your dreams using your core gift, you're bound to succeed, one way or the other. If there's one thing I've learned, integrity and quality is the best benchmark for success.


I have a dream journal which I used to edit from time to time. (Yes, I'm a bit O.C. about this.) I have some personal prayers and requests in there but I also have a few career-related dreams. One of them is to make that all-important step from being a self-employed content writer to a business owner. The transition was not easy, boy, that's an understatement. It took a whole lot of blood, sweat and tears but finally, a breakthrough! We just got some good news today. An answered prayer. Unexpected but wonderful just the same!


When I left my full-time job, I was really lost at first. But my business partners, who also happen to be my closest friends since kindergarten, told me to keep on writing. And when I did, I was amazed at how wonderful our team has become. We have amazing writers and virtual assistants who are not afraid to face the odds together, as a team. That was both heartwarming and extremely encouraging.


And as I wrote with them, I discovered nuances to our work that I never really noticed back when I was merely editing. I can totally relate with them and every meeting is such joy! We share writing secrets and styles and we share each others' burdens. And that is the best part. That is what team work is all about and we are so blessed to have team players working with us. Work is so much fun again!


It's true, starting a new business is not easy. We have to go through growing pains. And here's one thing that I'd like to share with all of you: "When building your Dream Team, take good care of your team. Always choose your Dream Team over money."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog's Visitors