Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sailing with My Friends on IsleMedia Philippines...

I am free! Working as a freelance writer, that is. I am finally living my dream. Anxious? Yes! Nervous? Definitely! Scared to death? You betcha! But one thing is clear, this feels right. Wow! That's the first time I've ever said that out loud. And now it's on this blog. This has been a long time coming. I opened this blog many, many months ago, not knowing that this was really my dream. I thought that having a regular paycheck would keep me content. But I guess not. I chose health over wealth this time and heaven help me I  sure hope I made the right choice.

When I left the corporate world, I went down the online route still carrying the corporate world mindset... missing my office mates, wishing I was working in an office. I started out as a virtual assistant but I did not know it back then. A few months later I applied as an online content writer and I have been very blessed ever since.

Yes, freedom has it's ups and downs but I'm enjoying the perks now that I've finally regained my balance. I am hopeful and dreaming again and that is enough reason for me to get up every morning, do my work, bond and reconnect with my family and friends and finally spend more time discovering Jesus working within me and around me.

I wanted to form or be part of a group of freelance writers who shared the same interests I did. When I opened this blog, I had no idea how and where I would find those people. Now I'm part of a small group of friends, old and new, who I include in my prayers because I am so enjoying working with them. I am still struggling in this new environment but I know that we're fighting the good fight and we're helping each other out. And that is enough for me.

My closest friends and I have embarked on a business venture that has its ups and downs. It hasn't been easy but our meetings are so much fun! We are building our dream team and I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. IsleMedia Philippines is a dream that I've been nursing in my heart for such a long time and now we're on our way. Our ship is sailing, sometimes the seas are rough but the best part is, my friends and dream team are sailing with me. Are we on the same boat? Would you like to join us? Please feel free to leave a message and let me know... See you on the bright side! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog's Visitors