Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why We Should Be Passionate About Our Work

I love my work. It's not even work most of the time. It's fun! I understand now what my mentors mean by being passionate about our work. It's really important for us to love what we're doing because it's the only way to really be happy here on earth. Yes, we're all pilgrims living in our temporary home but I never realized before now that God truly wants us to be happy here on earth. He gave us the freedom to choose and I choose to be happy. I choose to bless and be blessed. I choose to live the life God wants for me. And I guess I'll always be me -- a writer servant. That is in honor of our servant King -- my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.


I love writing. I've been doing this since I can remember. It's my core gift. I am sure of that now. I guess I'm just the usual late-bloomer and wallflower. I dared to dream and I chased after my dreams with my heart on my sleeve and God by my side and Mama Mary urging me on. And now I'm doing exactly what I was put on earth to do, in my humble opinion. I believe that I was born to serve and I do that through my writing.


A priest once told me that I should write to inspire. And that's my mindset from now on. I am currently writing my first book and I am so inspired it blows my mind, figuratively, of course. God has gifted me with so much and I never even realized that I am already doing His will. Now I understand the real value of service and it requires a whole lot of patience while God provides all the inspiration I could ever need. He truly is my rock and my salvation. I know this is what God wants me to do -- be a writer, serve and inspire others through my gifts and show the world how much I care.


I have so many blogs right now, one for each of my passion but my favorite ones are this one, Misty's Gratitude Journal, and SelfHelpBlog.biz and oh, I also love Heroes for Children because I adore kids, toddlers in particular. Yes, I'm single and I hope to have a family someday. This is the best part about my work. When God will give me a husband and child someday, I won't have too much difficulty. I will be able to  spend time with my future husband and baby as much as I can because of my work. And I guess this is how God is shaping my future. He started with my core gifts and He just keeps on giving. Thank you Jesus! You are LOVE.


Aside from my passion for writing, I am also a gadget geek. I love tinkering with my PC. I love playing with my cellphones and I love walking while counting steps using my iPod. I know, I'm too attached to gadgets but I can't help it. It's both my blessing and my weakness. I am blessed because I am not afraid to try new things. I like trying new software. I've gotten over my fear of clicking things online. I learned that my PC doesn't explode if I do so my question is "Why not?"


Passion is important in all aspects of life. When we love what we do, it's no longer work. It's fun. And that takes all the stress away. I guess one of the advantages of working from home is that I manage my own time. That gives me the discipline to manage tasks and other people effectively. That takes away the pressure. Plus, I keep receiving the confidence boost that I never expected out of my work. The fulfillment of knowing that at the end of the day you have accomplished the important stuff, that's what keeps me going day in and day out. I don't even like being absent from work. I miss it when I'm not doing what I do.


Plus, all of the clients that I've worked with are the best people around. They have given me glowing praises and until now I am still overwhelmed by their kindness and generosity, in more ways than one. In one word, all of the people I have worked with are awesome. And I know that God sent them my way to encourage me to walk this path. He has paved the way for my freedom. God has literally given me the key to my freedom and happiness and I never even realized it. My dreams are unfolding before my eyes and this roller coaster ride called my life is awesome! God is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog's Visitors